Search This Blog
Monday, April 27, 2015
Easy Pizza Pasta
Kids love to help out in the kitchen, and we all want our children to learn how to cook, but with today’s busy schedules finding the time to prepare meals together can be difficult. The slow cooker is a great solution to that problem. Not only is it easy to use but many meals require very little preparation time and while the food is cooking, you can be doing other things. The following recipe is simple enough that even the youngest can help. You and your kids can have this tasty and nutritious main course on the table in an hour, with only one pot to clean up.
- 1 lb box of rotini or other corkscrew pasta
- 3 cups (1 jar) of your favorite pasta sauce
- 6 oz of pepperoni
- 8 oz of shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Empty the dried pasta into a 6 quart slow cooker. Cover it with boiling water, put on the slow cooker lid, and let it sit for 30 minutes. Alternatively, you can follow the package directions and cook the pasta on the stove top.
2. Drain pasta into a colander. This needs to be done by the supervising parent as the pot is heavy and the water is still quite hot. Rinse under the tap and return the pasta to the slow cooker.
3. Add pasta sauce and pepperoni to the crock pot and stir.
4. Cook on high for 30 minutes.
5. Spoon into serving dishes and sprinkle with the grated cheese. Makes 4-6 servings.