Search This Blog
Thursday, December 17, 2015
Hearty Meatball Stew
Mix the ingredients together in the morning, and dinner’s ready when you get home. Just add a salad and crusty rolls. This one’s easy enough most kids can put it together, as long as they’re old enough to boil a kettle.
- 3/4 c. powdered brown gravy mix (enough to make up 6 cups of gravy)
- 6 cups water
- dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb package of washed and peeled small potatoes
- 1 lb package of carrot chips
- 24 frozen meatballs
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
1. Boil the water and pour it into a 4 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle the gravy mix on top and whisk in.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, potatoes, carrot chips and meatballs.
3. Set cooker to high and cook for a minimum of 6 hours.
4. Thirty minutes before serving, stir in the frozen peas. Makes 6 servings